The price of energy on the stock market increased by 80% in December

The price of energy on the stock market increased by 80% in December

According to XM, this is the highest price since March 2022. The stock price is directly related to the type generation source.

Cecilia Maya, Manager of the XM Wholesale Energy Market, explained that in December, 85.09% of energy was generated from renewable sources, mainly hydraulic, and the remaining 14.91% from thermal plants.

“However, there was a decline in water resource availability, which went from 87.14% in November to 79.04% in December 2022,” the official said.

In the wholesale energy market, energy is bought and sold between generation agents and traders, in accordance with a set of rules set by the regulatory body, the CREG.

Maya pointed out that both the amounts contracted through long-term contracts and their price, as well as the price of the energy market, are fundamental variables to know their development.

Source: El heraldo

\