The drama of people failing to sign up for the hardship bonus: ‘They’re playing us’

The drama of people failing to sign up for the hardship bonus: ‘They’re playing us’

The drama of people failing to sign up for the hardship bonus: ‘They’re playing us’

The $45,000 “food fortification” that ANSS will begin providing this month and will be distributed in two installments is beyond the reach of much of the vulnerable population.

Among the grounds for exclusion are being a beneficiary of Universal Child Benefit (AUH) or the promotion of any member of the applicant's family.
Among the grounds for exclusion are being a beneficiary of Universal Child Benefit (AUH) or the promotion of any member of the applicant’s family.

Lourdes is 49 years old and underwent surgery for a malignant tumor in his head. “The chances of getting a job today are zero, especially because of my health problem,” he previously said This woman, who in recent weeks tried to sign up for the $45,000 bonus that Ances will start offering, but was turned down. According to him, this was not the first case. “I applied for government aid during the pandemic several times and it always came back negative”he worries.

“I don’t know what else to do to get it,” the woman continues. And he tells about his suffering: a year ago he broke up with the father of his daughter, an event that He left without social service which allowed him to financially sustain his radiotherapy treatment. Despite this, Despite confirming to Anses that it no longer has this service, the system continues to show that it does..

The case of Lourdes is no exception. Initiation of implementation of “enhancement of food” for persons living below the poverty line, the payment of which will begin on November 14 and will consist of: Two monthly installments of $22,500It was not exempt from the criticism of social organizations, whose leaders emphasized the “number of limitations” to achieve it.

Those who complete the procedures receive three types of responses from the Anses site: approved, rejected or registered (under evaluation). According to official estimates, it already exists One million applicants. According to Indec, less than half of the country’s 2.5 million homeless people. But the central fact is still unknown: how much is left of the benefit, despite the submission of the application.

Those with registered vehicles (cars and motorcycles less than 10 years old) are denied; property; Fixed terms and bonds in the last six months and purchases in foreign currency in the last six months. As well as other situations that raise questions from social organizations: those who have registered credit or debit card usage in the last two months, accreditation to bank accounts in the last two months, social or prepaid work, are excluded from the benefit.

“Enrollment machines were made in every district, city and province, but it was really very difficult”, describe from the ranks of the groups that walk the territory. Its militants witnessed how many people who tried to get benefits granted by the state approached the neighborhood building without hiding their worries and complained that System rejectedEven with the documents that would confirm their status.

Queues in Anses to collect bonus
Queues in Anses to collect bonus

“I started a lot of paperwork and it always turned out that they didn’t help me because of social work, even though they claimed that I’m divorced and unemployed. It is a constant transition from one side to another And it’s going to cost me a lot,” says Lourdes.

The procedure to access the $45,000 bonus starts with a virtual registration, which must be done through the Anses page. After receiving this paper, which confirms that the person has no registered income, a Cross-checking of data confirming whether there are other grounds for exclusionsuch as beneficiary a Universal Child Benefit (AUH) or that any member of the applicant’s family receives, for example, the program Strengthening work.

Queues to register for $18,000 bonus given to informal workers in May
Queues to register for $18,000 bonus given to informal workers in May

“I haven’t had any luck getting any contributions from the government either now or during the pandemic”begins his story earlier Santiago, 66, unemployed. According to him, 2020 was a before and after in his life: he was homeless for two years and had to deal with various health problems during this time. “I don’t get an income, but I can’t sign up for a voucher because of my age”he adds.

Indeed, there is another condition for accessing the current Anses benefits Be between 18 and 64 years old. This is a lower age than what was required to collect the $18,000 bonus awarded to informal workers in May. “I tried to register when the opportunity came up, but I couldn’t. And now the years are decreasing even more. It’s like they’re playing with usSantiago complains.

He was openly promoted to vice president Christina KirchnerThe food boost announced by Economy Minister Sergio Massa is actually far from following that idea. “Universal Basic Wage” highlighted by a social leader John Grabois. Neither does income against homelessness, which Kirchnerist Senator Giuliana Di Tullio supports in the upper house.

Although the last date for registration is not yet official, Many people choose to give in to the obstacles imposed by government bureaucracy. Another drama that adds uncertainty to those who try to survive every day.

Source: La Nacion

follow:
\