Eintracht 1, West Ham 0: Borré puts Germans in the final

Eintracht 1, West Ham 0: Borré puts Germans in the final

The EintrachtFrankfurt extended his extraordinary career in the Europa League, frustrated the claims of the West Hamwhich he defeated with a goal from the Colombian Rafael Santos Borreand by the way took a double revenge towards the final that will take place in the stadium Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan of Seville, in which he will face the rangers Scottish.

The German team took revenge for the semi-final lost three seasons ago against Chelsea in the penalty shootout and elimination, including in the penultimate round, of the 1976 Cup Winners’ Cup against his own West Ham.

The executioner from Betis and Barcelona, ​​among others, had already won 1-2 in London in the first leg. Everything went to him in his Deutsche Bank Park, except the early withdrawal, due to a muscle problem, of his defender Martin Hinteregger.

From then on it went downhill for the team. Oliver Glasner mainly thanks to the expulsion of the defender Aaaron Cresswell† Spanish referee Jesús Gil Manzano showed him a yellow card for knocking down JEns Petter Hauge when he escaped alone, but at the request of the VAR, he went to the video and changed his decision to red.

David Moyes, the ‘hammers’ coach, had no choice but to change plans. He took the Argentinian Manuel Lanzini off the field and introduced Ben Johnson in a 4-4-1 with only Michael Antonio in the lead.

But the dynamic Eintracht left him no option and just nine minutes later (m.26) Colombian Rafael Santos Borré opened the bill for this round and extended the equalizer lead with a solo cross from the right of Ansgar Knauff.

It was hard for him to take the double blow to the… West Ham, although his sobriety allowed him to prevent the German team from widening the wound and wait for some action that would allow him to retain options to turn the situation around. He had it on the brink of halftime in a confusing set-piece that French defender Kurt Zouma finished off as best he could and put his compatriot on the goal line Evan N’Dicka.

Eintracht Frankfurt took note of the warning. In the second period he opted for control, for handling the ball without taking any risks. Despite the efforts of Declan Rice and the Spaniards Paul ForlansWest Ham’s commitment to order didn’t let him go boldly for the comeback either.

West Ham’s impotence was absolute. Even coach David Moyes was sent off in the 78th minute for an incident in the bench area when he violently kicked the ball. This time, the London team had no football or arrests to really go for the game, even in inferiority. He just wanted to believe in the rules of the game.

Eintracht Frankfurt had no problems in the final minutes and is back in the final 42 years after winning the 1979/80 UEFA Cup. Borussia Monchengladbach.

Source: El heraldo