Tag: Wholesale energy market

The pros and cons of the new energy services policy concept

The pros and cons of the new energy services policy concept

Following the publication for comment on the draft of the National Government’s new energy services policy, experts assure that it has positive aspects, but they point out that there are others that need further consideration. Former Mining and Energy Minister Amylkar Acosta assures that the staging of the Last Instance Provider (PUI) is striking, a […]

The axes of the new public energy services policy

The axes of the new public energy services policy

The national government, through the Ministry of Mines and Energy, has published for comment the draft decree containing the new policy guidelines for the residential public electricity supply in Colombia. Comments and comments on the design, which indicates that it aims to make efficient use of the various energy sources, and to the benefit of […]

Price on the power exchange reaches $533, the maximum of the past 7 years

Price on the power exchange reaches $533, the maximum of the past 7 years

The energy stock price rose 42.61% in February over the average price of the previous month, reaching 533.7 pesos per kilowatt-hour. This is the highest value presented since March 2016. According to Cecilia Maya, manager of the XM wholesale energy market, this increase is explained by the reduction in the percentage of useful volume of […]

The price of energy on the stock market increased by 80% in December

The price of energy on the stock market increased by 80% in December

According to XM, this is the highest price since March 2022. The stock price is directly related to the type generation source. Cecilia Maya, Manager of the XM Wholesale Energy Market, explained that in December, 85.09% of energy was generated from renewable sources, mainly hydraulic, and the remaining 14.91% from thermal plants. “However, there was […]

\