He eats raw fish contaminated with a deadly bacteria and his life is dramatically changed forever. This is the story of Laura Barajas, a 40-year-old mother from San Jose, California, who had all four of her limbs amputated after eating tilapia contaminated with a deadly bacteria. Tilapia, native to tropical waters, is one of the most consumed fish in the world. According to the New York Post, the woman fell ill a few days after purchasing the fish she prepared herself from a local market. bacteria that contaminates it Vibrio vulnificus, a log It can easily cause septicemia and tissue necrosis. In case of contamination, the mortality rate is very high: 25%.
The woman was to be placed in a pharmacological coma by doctors when her condition was determined to be critical: she would have suffered complete sepsis with relative renal collapse. The family started a campaign on the Go Fundme platform to support the woman’s health expenses. Over 59 thousand dollars in donations have been collected so far.
Continue reading on Today.it…
Source: Today IT
Karen Clayton is a seasoned journalist and author at The Nation Update, with a focus on world news and current events. She has a background in international relations, which gives her a deep understanding of the political, economic and social factors that shape the global landscape. She writes about a wide range of topics, including conflicts, political upheavals, and economic trends, as well as humanitarian crisis and human rights issues.