Former Ukrainian MP murdered near Moscow. “Special Operation SBU”

Ilya Kiva, a former deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine with ties to Russia, was killed near Moscow during a special SBU operation, Ukrainian media reported.

The editorial boards of Ukrainska Pravda and “The Kyiv Independent” reported on Wednesday about the attack on the former Ukrainian politician, citing sources in the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).

According to these reports, Ilya Kiva was shot with a firearm. He was found dead in the village of Suponevo in the Odinth region near Moscow.

The Russian agency RIA Novosti reported that an investigation team was working at the scene of the incident.

The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has confirmed that Ilya Kiva is dead and a criminal case has been opened for his murder.

Who was Ilya Kiwa? He attacked Poland many times

Ilya Kiva was elected to the Ukrainian parliament in 2019 from the lists of the later banned pro-Russian Opposition Platform for Life party, then led by oligarch Viktor Medvedchuk with ties to the Kremlin. Kiwa left Ukraine shortly before Russia launched its full-scale invasion on February 24, 2022.

In March last year the politician was deprived of his mandate as deputy of the Verkhovna Rada and several criminal cases were filed against him. In April 2022, Kiwa asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to grant him Russian citizenship. The politician supported the invasion of Russian troops in Ukraine, which he repeated many times in programs broadcast on Russian television.

Last September Kiwa stated on social media that Poland, as part of the reparations, wants to obtain Russia’s permission to annex Lviv Oblast. “The President of Poland considers it necessary to demand reparations from Russia for the Second World War. They want to receive Lviv Oblast as compensation,” he wrote on Telegram. The politician also believed that Warsaw was looking for an excuse to start negotiations with Moscow over the fate of the western part of Ukraine.

In November this year, a court in Lviv sentenced Kiwa in absentia to 14 years in prison, along with confiscation of his property for high treason and public calls to overthrow the constitutional system.

Source: Do Rzeczy