“Insufficient evidence.” Canadian cardinal will not be investigated for sexual abuse

Pope Francis has ruled there will be no Vatican investigation into the alleged sexual abuse of Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet, accused by a woman of abusing her, due to insufficient evidence, Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said on Thursday.

“After the preliminary investigation entrusted by the Pope to Father Jacques Servais, whose conclusion was that there are no elements to start a trial” “and” after other pertinent consultations, Pope Francis considers that there is not enough evidence to open a canonical investigation for aggression from Cardinal Ouellet to person F,” Bruni said.

Member of the Society of the Fathers of Saint Sulpice (PSS), Marc Armand Ouellet, born June 8, 1944, is a Canadian prelate of the Catholic Church. He has been Prefect of the Congregation for Bishops and President of the Pontifical Commission for Latin America since his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI on June 30, 2010. He continues to hold these positions even though he is past the usual retirement age of 75. years. because Pope Francis has not yet accepted his resignation.

He was Archbishop of Quebec and Primate of Canada from 2003 to 2010. He was made a cardinal by Pope John Paul II on October 21, 2003. Ouellet was considered a possible candidate for election as pope in both 2005 and 2013.

A class action lawsuit filed early last week named Ouellet as the alleged attacker of an unidentified woman, F., who accuses the cleric of kissing her at a cocktail party in 2008 and sliding his hand up her back to touch her butt.

Source: TSF

\