MDMA in Moët 3 liter bottles, consumption “fatal” –

The Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) warns that one should be very careful with 3-litre champagne from the brand Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial bottles. Recently, two of these bottles were found to be filled with MDMA, a hard drug.

The NVWA considers it life-threatening to touch and drink the contents of the bottles. In Germany, one died after drinking MDMA, and seven became “very seriously ill”. In the Netherlands, four people became ill.

It is unclear how the drugs got into champagne bottles. The bottles in question were purchased through an unknown NVWA website.

The food watcher cannot rule out the possibility that other Moët & Chandon bottles also contain MDMA. The authorities therefore urge consumers to be vigilant. There’s nothing wrong with the NVWA out of the bottle, but when you pour it you notice that “the liquid MDMA doesn’t spray, it has a reddish brown color and has a distinct aniseed smell.”

Source: NOS

follow:
\