Woman allergic to dairy dies after eating contaminated vegan sandwich

Woman allergic to dairy dies after eating contaminated vegan sandwich

Celia Marsh, a 42-year-old British woman, died of anaphylactic shock after eating food ordered by Pret A Manger, a well-known fast food chain with hundreds of restaurants around the world.

Author: Davide Falcioni

Celia Marsh, a 42-year-old British woman, died of anaphylactic shock after eating food ordered by Pret A Manger, a well-known fast food chain with hundreds of restaurants around the world.

The woman, according to the Guardian, had a severe dairy allergy but she died after eating a paper-wrapped vegan sandwich likely contaminated with cow’s milk. The 42-year-old nurse from Melksham, Wiltshire, suddenly fell ill and collapsed on a street in Bath, dying hours after being transported to hospital.

Andy Marsh, Celia’s husband, explained that the woman was extremely attentive to everything she ate, especially since, seven months before her death, she had suffered another severe anaphylactic shock. “He constantly monitored his food allergies. He always checked all labels before eating and always asked for ingredients. If Celia wasn’t sure about the etiquette or the answers given, she wouldn’t eat anything because she didn’t want to take any risks.”

Andy Marsh added that when his wife got sick on a post-Christmas shopping trip to Bath in 2017, she couldn’t believe it was because of the wrap. She added: “The label claimed it was ‘vegan’ food, but then she realized something was wrong.” Indeed, the woman began to have difficulty breathing and soon fell to the ground. Her husband immediately rescued her and an ambulance, which arrived after a few minutes, transported her to the hospital. However, the woman died shortly afterwards.

Source: Fan Page IT

follow:
\