Stabbings in Canada suspect Myles Sanderson was arrested, police say

Stabbings in Canada suspect Myles Sanderson was arrested, police say

TORONTO – Canadian police said Wednesday that they arrested fugitive knife suspect Miles Sanderson after a four-day manhunt in Saskatchewan province.

Sanderson, 32, and his brother, Damien, 31, were charged with the murders in James Smith’s Cree Country and nearby Weldon village on Sunday that resulted in 10 deaths and 18 injuries in one of Canada’s deadliest mass killings. Damien Sanderson was found dead Monday at James Smith’s Chris Country from injuries officials said hadn’t happened to him.

“Miles Sanderson was found near Rostern and was taken into police custody. [Saskatchewan]around 3:30 pm today ”, Royal Saskatchewan Police the explanation said. “There is no longer a threat to public safety in connection with this investigation.

Family members celebrate loved ones, describe the horror of the injury

Rostern is located approximately 80 miles southwest of James Smith’s Chris Er, where the killings began early Sunday morning. Police received the first call about a National Reserve stabbing at 5:40 am and much later. At the end of the day, the massacre took place in 13 different crime scenes.

The victims, whose names were released on Wednesday, ranged in age from 23 to 78. All but one were from James Smith’s Cree Nation. These included a mother who died protecting her children, an addiction consultant who responded to an emergency call, and a Canadian Army veteran.

“For many soldiers, being imprisoned is a huge burden,” said Randy Hobeck, a Canadian lawmaker representing the region of Saskatchewan where the killings took place. “I think there are a lot of people. I breathe a sigh of relief and I’ll sleep much better tonight. “

Police searched for Miles Sanderson for about four days. At first they believed that he had been seen in the provincial capital, Regina. On Tuesday, police met in Cree Country after reports of James Smith were seen there.

However, they said it was later determined that he was not there and his whereabouts were unknown.

This story will be updated.

Source: Washington Post